Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Bravenet.com Free Message Forum from Bravenet.com Free Message Forums from Bravenet.com
 

"You don't have to swim faster than the shark, just faster than the guy next to you." - Anonymous


Latest Stuff @ SmoovePinch

 

 


Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

Monday, January 07, 2008

The Fantasy: I wish my nurse looked like this

The Fact: My nurse fainted when she saw how ugly I was



2008 - The Year Of Recovery

It’s been fourteen months, count ‘em – fourteen bloody months since I lost 70% of my vision due to cataracts and glaucoma caused by steroid toxicity. The good news is that I’ve just this morning been discharged from hospital after getting a silicone lens implanted in my right eye. I had the same surgery done on my left eye late last October so now I have super clear vision in both eyes.

Have thrown my glasses away. I’ve also lost 60kg in weight since I stopped taking the damn steroids and am now back to my aerodynamic old self. All that’s left now is to start an exercise program because I was confined to my bed for eight months after my body “jammed up” when I stopped taking those goddamed steroids, so my muscles have kinda atrophied.

That, and to work on getting better. I will beat this nerve condition. I will get better. I will completely recover. Dave Avran Boleh!
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Free Links from Bravenet.comFree Links from Bravenet.com