Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Bravenet.com Free Message Forum from Bravenet.com Free Message Forums from Bravenet.com
 

"You don't have to swim faster than the shark, just faster than the guy next to you." - Anonymous


Latest Stuff @ SmoovePinch

 

 


Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

Thursday, November 15, 2007



All Men Are Bastards

Now, you and I know that not all men are bastards, but we also know that they can behave like absolute bastards if they want to do so.

Today I heard that a friend and fellow editor Yasmin passed away from cancer. Fine, I hear you say, we’re sorry to hear you lost your friend, but wake up, Dave shit happens all the time, nothing to get worked up about. Quite.

Yasmin was being treated by Dr Wong at the same alternative health clinic I go to. Diagnosed at stage 4, she did not undergo any chemotheraphy or take the requisite drugs. Under Dr Wong’s care she was making amazing progress.

Then her husband of twelve years asked her for a divorce so that he can be with his girlfriend. She confided to a small group of close friends, including me. I was gobsmacked. There’s honesty and then there’s sheer dumb stupidity. “Moron” or “retard” doesn’t even begin to describe it.

We advised her to be strong and fight to live for the sake of her 11 year old son. Her husband started pressuring her to transfer the house and her EPF savings to him. Long story short, he dragged her sickly body to the Syariah court and got his divorce on account that she couldn’t provide him with sex anymore. She stood there propped up by her parents and cried her heart out because she still loved him.

Yasmin refused to answer my phone calls after that. She also refused to go to Dr Wong’s for treatment. She gave up.

She died today, two months after her husband broke her heart. Two miserable months. If only he had just shut his gab, he would have emerged as a hero who stood by his wife through thick and thin. Instead he chose to think with his dick.

Yes, as an adult I fully recognise that sometimes people marry the wrong person, and sometimes you fall in love again. Yes, I accept this as a fact of life. But what I cannot accept nor condone, is this cavalier attitude some men have towards their own children. Leave if you must, but don’t make your child suffer any more than he or she already has to.

Oh, and newsflash - once you get married, there is another person sharing your life. Kiss goodbye to your bachelor days when you can hang out with the guys 24/7, and don’t expect her to just meekly wait and look after your brats whilst you go gallivanting about painting the town red and bonking other women.

Goodbye, Yasmin. I console myself with the thought that you are no longer in pain.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments:
It is still very hard for me to talk about her...
I miss her very much but more so.. I don't want her to ne remembered for what you wrote about her..I am sorry..probabaly you write because you are angry... but when I write about Yasmin..I want her to be remembered because..I love her as my friend and because she was an amazing woman and person...
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
nancy dear, your perspective is different from mine because you were very close to her and knew her much better. If you will write your feelings about her I shall be most glad to publish it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Free Links from Bravenet.comFree Links from Bravenet.com