Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Bravenet.com Free Message Forum from Bravenet.com Free Message Forums from Bravenet.com
 

"You don't have to swim faster than the shark, just faster than the guy next to you." - Anonymous


Latest Stuff @ SmoovePinch

 

 


Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

Monday, December 18, 2006

Firecracker Friendship

For the last six months, there’s been a new phenomenon sweeping the Klang Valley. It’s mostly perpetrated by young women between the ages of 22 – 30, although quite a few men are guilty of it too.

I call it firecracker friendship. You meet someone at a social function, exchange cards and get along like a house on fire. You meet again a couple of times and are soon fast friends, exchanging sms-es and emails on common interests.

Then…kaboom! Total silence. Messages are not replied. Sms-es are not acknowledged. Phone calls are not picked up. It’s a strange and totally frustrating disease.

The exquisite irony is, when and if you do ever get them on the line again, the very first thing they say is not “hello” or “hi” but “Hey Dave, I received your message/sms/email”. Like, Duuuuuh!

Like a sparkler, they dazzle you with their sound, light and colour for a few seconds before you’re left in a cloud of acrid smoke, holding a useless empty burned out cardboard cyclinder in your hands

I don’t get it. I seriously don’t get it. The way I see it they're breaking two unwritten laws - basic telephone etiquette and the implication of exchanging namecards.
It used to frustrate the hell out of me but now I’ve worked out a formula to deal with it. It someone doesn’t answer two calls/sms or emails in a row, I delete them from my pda.

It’s their bloody loss, innit?
.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments:
I wish I too can use your formula but I can't......I love that someone I teased and don't give and he does not write back or sms until I sometimes a month later even I continue emailing/sms, just feeling so blue and sad as I love him and I don't want to delet him from my pda :(
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Free Links from Bravenet.comFree Links from Bravenet.com