Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Bravenet.com Free Message Forum from Bravenet.com Free Message Forums from Bravenet.com
 

"You don't have to swim faster than the shark, just faster than the guy next to you." - Anonymous


Latest Stuff @ SmoovePinch

 

 


Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

Monday, December 18, 2006

Core Personality part 2

Well well well. Judging from the avalanche of comments I’ve received, it’s true that dirt sells. Malaysians are just like humans everywhere and enjoy a good gossip and hearing about other people’s dirty little dark secrets.

Many of you want me to “complete” the story. Many regulars to this blog, like Michael D and Anjali to name just two, were very supportive. My ex-girlfriend MW actually called from overseas and said “I didn’t know that”. What can I say? I guess sometimes we listen but we don’t hear.

So here goes. I’m still in my sister’s place. What amazes me is her friendship with her neighbours. She receives curry, jellies, cookies or cakes from them on a daily basis. She sends curry, jellies, cookies or cakes to them on a daily basis.

The neighbours’ children walk in and out of her house like it was their own. They eat, have their bath and sometimes sleep over when their parents are not around. My niece Azrin and nephew Amrin’s cousins and schoolmates occasionally sleep over too. They are treated as my sister's own and are disciplined if necessary.

This is truly culture shock for me as our family never mixed around when I was growing up, and living in bad 'ol KL I’m barely on nodding head acquaintance with my own neighbours.

My youngest sister, Manjit joined Cathay Pacific as a stewardess not long after Moni and I left the family home. She however, kept in touch with my father. When she got married in Singapore my father refused to allow Moni and I to attend.

Both my parents remarried and Moni eventually reconciled with my father after many years. My father passed away of colon cancer in June this year. Moni took leave and spent his last three weeks with him. Manjit, now General Manager for a hotel in Myanmar, spent a month by his side, to the end.

Both of them bugged me to see him and were deeply disappointed with me when I refused. They said he asked about me. To me that was not good enough because he didn’t ask FOR me. I had no feelings on the subject either way and his death had no effect on me so I didn’t attend his funeral service and subsequent barbeque (Punjabis are cremated).

Don’t get me wrong – I don’t hate the dude. Neither do I love him. I just have no feelings whatsoever. I let go of him a long time ago and I forgave him after his death.
However, I know I'll be totally devastated when my Mom checks out...
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Free Links from Bravenet.comFree Links from Bravenet.com