Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Bravenet.com Free Message Forum from Bravenet.com Free Message Forums from Bravenet.com
 

"You don't have to swim faster than the shark, just faster than the guy next to you." - Anonymous


Latest Stuff @ SmoovePinch

 

 


Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

Monday, May 08, 2006

The Sad Saga of Streamyx.


I live in an exclusive apartment building which has only 12 units. It is located in a cul-de-sac and therefore does not have any traffic passing through. The neighbours mind their own business and I have lots of privacy and peace as we are a gated community. There is a large, lush garden and I actually hear birds chirping when I wake up.

The downside? The building is lightning prone. My pc got fried for the fifth time last April the 13th. I lodged a report at the Kedai Telekom in State, PJ and paid my bill the next day. I took along my modem for them to inspect, which they did and declared it to be okay.

Thus began a saga which lasted twenty-one days. I would call everyday, and they would promise to elevate me “to the next level”. After a week of being internetless and suffering from serious withdrawal symptoms, I stormed into the Kedai Telekom and demanded service.

“Yup, our technicians will get in touch with you within twenty-four hours” they lied shamelessy to my face. More calls everyday. More promises to upgrade my complaint to the next level.

In the end I picked up a copy of the Star, and dialed the first computer repair guy listed in the classifieds. “What the problem?” he asked. “I can’t log on” I bawled like a petulant baby. “What the message?” he asked. “Error 678” I replied. “Your computer’s fried, man. I’ll be there in two hours”

So he was. One new modem, a new LAN card and RM240 poorer, I am back in business. I happily log on, with my tail wagging overtime. First thing I see is an email from TMNet – we are currently attending to your complaint – please email us the nature of your problem. . .
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Free Links from Bravenet.comFree Links from Bravenet.com