Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Bravenet.com Free Message Forum from Bravenet.com Free Message Forums from Bravenet.com
 

"You don't have to swim faster than the shark, just faster than the guy next to you." - Anonymous


Latest Stuff @ SmoovePinch

 

 


Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

Monday, May 22, 2006

The Pink Dress


Santa Maria! Madre de Dios! You guys no unnerstan da ingris? I’m not gonna write chapter 2 of the tigress story. Period. Following up with the last post on men weeping, I think Elliot Yamin of American Idol takes the cake. Here’s a whimsical feel good story sent to me by my buddy Clifford F. I don’t know who the original author is but I’ve tweaked it a little so it’s a lot less soppy. Don’t weep now…

The Pink Dress

There was this little girl sitting by herself in KLCC park.

Everyone passed by her and no one stopped to see why she looked so
sad.

Dressed in a worn pink dress, barefoot and dirty, the girl just sat and watched people go by.

She didn’t try to speak.

She never said a word.

Many people passed by her, but no one would stop.

In the evening, I decided to go back to the park out of curiosity to see if the little girl would still be there.

Yes, she was there, right in the very spot where she was earlier, and still with the same sad look in her eyes.

I decided to make my own move and walked over to the little girl.

As we all know, a park full of strange people is not a place for young child to play alone.

As I got closer I could see the back of the little girl's dress.

It was grotesquely shaped.

I figured that was the reason people just passed by and made no effort to speak to her.

Deformities are a low blow to our society and, heaven forbid if you make a step toward assisting someone who is different.

As I got closer, the little girl lowered her eyes slightly to avoid my intent stare.

As I approached her, I could see the shape of her back more clearly.

She was grotesquely shaped in a humped over form.

I smiled to let her know it was ok; I was there to talk.

I sat down beside her and opened with a simple, "Hello."

The little girl acted shocked, and stammered a "hi"; after a long stare into my eyes.

I smiled and she shyly smiled back.

I bought her ice cream and a burger. We talked until darkness fell and the park was completely empty.

I finally asked Angie, for that was her name, why she was so sad.

The little girl looked at me with a sad face and said, "Because, I'm different."

I immediately said, "That you are!" and smiled.

The little girl acted even sadder and said, "I know."

"Angie," I said, "you remind me of an angel, sweet and innocent."

She looked at me and smiled, then slowly she got to her feet and said, "Really?"

"Yes, you're like a little Guardian Angel sent to watch
over people walking by."

She nodded her head and smiled.

With that she opened the back of her pink dress and allowed her wings to spread, then she said "I am."

She said "I'm your Guardian Angel, Dave" with a twinkle in her eye.

I was speechless - sure I was seeing things.

She said, "For once you thought of someone other than yourself. My job here is done".

I got to my feet and said, "Wait, why did no one else stop to talk to you, Angie?"

She looked at me, smiled, and said, "You're the only one who would bother with a dirty, barefoot hunchbacked child" and then she was gone.

I sat there in the deserted park, thinking, for a long while.

So, when you think you're all you have, remember, your angel is always watching over you.

Like the story says, we all need someone.

And, every one of your friends is an Angel in their own way.

The value of a friend is measured in the heart.

I hope your Guardian Angel watches over you always.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments:
That was a moving tale. Sometimes, friends come in special ways.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Free Links from Bravenet.comFree Links from Bravenet.com