Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Bravenet.com Free Message Forum from Bravenet.com Free Message Forums from Bravenet.com
 

"You don't have to swim faster than the shark, just faster than the guy next to you." - Anonymous


Latest Stuff @ SmoovePinch

 

 


Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

Monday, June 27, 2005

The Spanker's back

Yo people,

It's taken 57 days, lots of trips to the pc shop, telephone calls, temper tantrums, threats, tears, a coupla "tiew leh loh mohs", spare parts from Taiwan before I plonked rm800 down and collected the bloody thing with a supposedly new motherboard, power switch and a coupla thingamajigs yesterday.

Of course it didn’t work when I booted up. No signal. Hi ho hi ho, back to shop we go...

They reformatted my hard drive. Which means I lost everything. Again. Luckily this time I had a more or less up-to-date backup disc and a loaded pendrive so I wasn't that worried. Yup, I've become paranoid about losing data and I'm the 1st to admit it.

Long story short, I still had to bloody install everything again, with many hours spent downloading shit I lost and reconfiguring setting. Sigh...

Now for the latest news. The magazine I edit, Pinch, has morphed into an online entity called smoovepinch in collaboration with Johan Nasir's smoove entertainment listings guide. Visit us at

http://smoovepinch.net.ms

It's a brilliant move for all parties concerned, as we're able to upload all the latest stuff within minutes of receiving it compared to the 3 week lead time for traditional print magazines. It's a great resource for the latest happenings in the klang valley as well as giveaways, contests, freebies, parties, samples, tickets, exclusive invites and such stuff.

I'm actually surprised that our hit counter averages 9000 hits a day which is pretty impressive even if I say so myself.

Yes, Arvind Pasricha is still the publisher who doesn't drink alcohol, smoke, bonk or wank. Bloody wasted if you ask me. How much milo and milk can you drink in a day?

We benefit tremendously from Johan's (or JD as we call him) background as a DJ and now technopreneur, a self confessed tech and financial geek who wouldn't dream of going to the loo without his Nokia communicator 9300 and Fujitsu laptop. Yup, both them doodads. Somehow the girls find him irresistible, too. I'll get him drunk one day and learn his dark secrets yet.

All our popular writers remain onboard and will have their own columns, and we're unearthing some exciting new ones as well so stay tuned for developments.

Come 1st July, I join a 115 year old established members' club as the general manager. I figure since I'm paying for my doctors' 22 year-old mistress' new BMW, I need some moolah to tide me over. Especially since the finance company has taken to calling my hand phone to remind me to pay up the installments promptly.

Lastly, to all those who wrote in during the dim dark silence, who predicted doom and gloom, who encouraged, who questioned, who scolded, who were impatient to read the spanking wanker's weekly blog, a sincere thank you. Whether sticks or stones or butter and cream, it shows you cared enough to write in, and there was enough mail to convince me that Spankin DA Monkey matters.

Hallelujah!
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments:
ur doc's wat?? seriously arr?? how u knw la?
 
I beg to differ - Arvind sounds like fun...FOR A CHANGE!
 
lets pop them bottles! the spankmiester is back in action!

WOO HOO!!
 
115 year old club? hope you bring youth to it. good to have you back in the system though conversations ala volvo is still great with you. cheers mate
 
Dear Dave,

I ONLY WISH SINECERELY & TRUTHFULLY, FOR JOY & HAPPINESS TO COME INTO YOUR LIFE.

FORGIVE ME IF YOU THINK THAT I'M OVER DRAMATIZING THIS BUT DAVE, MY BRO, IT'S JUST THAT I HAVE SEEN YOU GO THRU' SO MUCH HARD TIMES SINCE THE COUPLE OF YEARS I HAVE KNOWN YOU AND HONESTLY WHEN U SEE A FRIEND GO THRU' SO MUCH HARD TIMES, 2 THINGS HAPPEN, IF THAT FRIEND MEANS REALLY THAT MUCH TO YOU, U WILL ALSO BEGIN TO HURT & AND 2, YOU WILL WANT TO HELP OUT. dAVE, U HAVE ALWAYS HAD YOUR PRIDE AND SAID THAT YOU ARE ALWAYS OKAY.... I MORE THAN KNOW THAT 'RAIN WILL COME AS DOES THE SUN DOES SHINE" BUT BRO, IF THERE IS ONE PERSON WHO DESERVES BETTER, THAN IT COULD'NT HAPPEN TO A NICER & HONEST PERSON THAN YOU.

I PRAY THINGS WILL GET BETTER FROM HERE 4 YOU AND LET THE STORMS OR SUNSHINE..... ONE THINGS FOR SURE , WE ARE THERE FOR YOU BRO......

GOD BLESS

SINCERELY,

DANI'EL D.K.
 
good to have you back, dude
never thought i'd say this but we actualy missed you.

- the stoned musician
 
huh! so ur back. i'm disgusted.

bored mat salleh
 
hey mat salleh, if ur so bloody disgusted with me why do u bother reading my blog? love hate relationship ah?

dave avran
 
ahhhhh, so goooooood to haaaaaaave you back lah. missed your twisted black humour.

catherine
 
Oi! about time you returned issinit? dont fuckup again u hear!
unplug the bloody thing when ur not using it lah, bodoh! i need my weekly fix of monkey biznezz.

- prego
 
it is so bloody good to have you back, spanking wanker:)

thumbs, toes, limbs, thighs & all up!


With Warm Wishes
philo
 
Hi Avran,

Good to hear from you finally! Tot you had one too many beers and forgot to write...:p

Your blog is very funny. Much more fun than the serious stuff I write.

Am now in the States. Will be back on the 22 July. Hope to catch up with you again some time.

Cheers,
Su-Ling
 
eh, cut the whining and get to the farnee business - that's what you do best.

Rodney
 
The darkly twisted master of sarcasm is back. Yay! my life is now on track again...

- Sharon Sim
 
hahaha.. you do know that i read this right bro.. yes.. to great times ahead with SmoovePinch.. awfully great to have chanced upon our paths crossing.. don't worry.. by the time we get this done.. the girls will be chasing u instead.. who wouldn't want to kiss ass to the most happening editor in the region right.. this is only the beginning bro.. trust me.. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Free Links from Bravenet.comFree Links from Bravenet.com